Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you guys feel about joinable guilds?

+2
Pandanote
Vinius
6 posters

Go down

How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty How do you guys feel about joinable guilds?

Post by Vinius Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am

Like, member run guilds that are run entirely IC. The leader can accept or reject members, or have requirements, i.e. gotta be really strong and tough to be in the macho man guild, what not. I could make a masterlist of member guilds with over [insert number] of members that people can look into having their character join. uwu

I was thinking the first three guilds would be:

Band of Thieves (for those with an impulse to steal and a someone manipulative, nasty streak. To get in you have to rp with someone else of your character stealing something valuable from them and then giving it to the boss of the guild.)

High Fliers (Restricted to the most popular of the camp. Mostly the arrogant and rich, and to get in you have to rp throwing a big party and have it be a success.)

Silver Cross (The heroes guild! The most open of guilds, with the friendlier people, dedicated to healers and general do-good heroes. To get into this guild you must save someone in serious danger!)

To start a new guild you'd need to get it approved by an admin. It'll cost a pretty penny to make a guild, but then you get into the guild leader rank and have control over your guild's activities/events. uwu

And then it would let for guild wars and rivalries and such *v*

Thoughts?

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue69/69How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

https://camphalfblood.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty Re: How do you guys feel about joinable guilds?

Post by Pandanote Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 am

Well I think it's an interesting idea and it could do wonders for rping and such. Also give lots of good ideas and creativeness to do and such, although to me when I hear of guild and stuff, I think of WoW (world of warcraft.) My brother used to play it all the time and as did I, and that's all I think about when I hear guild but that's my own person thought on that.

Otherwise it's a good idea (:
Pandanote
Pandanote

Back to top Go down

How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty Re: How do you guys feel about joinable guilds?

Post by Vinius Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:39 am

club sounds too pansy-ish -shot-

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue69/69How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 am

This sounds pretty cool. I have nothing against the term guild but 'clan' is also an alternative? xD
Sapphire
Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue21/24How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am

Oh mai gawd its going to be like multiple groups of hunters 8D

I absolutely love Guilds. They're like so family like. And stuff. Like a food smuggling society 8D Or one that sends messages to family members outside campus for campers who are too lazy to go.
Clansremindmeofcatsnonope

I think it shouldn't cost too much though. You admins can judge through a trial period of maybe a month or two? And if the guild is successful, they can be put on the approved/established list somewhere. There can be a hidden list too, like only approved people can see them. If you guys approve a guild based on the drachmas, it wouldn't be too fair for those who are obviously good leaders/roleplayers but dont have the drachmas for it.

There could be an application form, saying what exactly are the requirements, what the guild is trying to achieve and other details etc at that point of time. And when they're allowed to start the guild, the leaders could send in forms to the overall admin/roleplayer for Chiron? for the guilds, giving a monthly update on what the guild has done or if the guild is a fun-based type, the statistics, of the guild. Like the current member count, any attacks or brewing rivalries, any member who has been kicked out, for what reason etc. Because sending to any random admin would be too messy. I think.

So it would also make a camper think twice about making a guild because of all the responsibilities. If they fail to report with valid reasons etc they can get warnings/punishments idk.

And they can get their own application thread/sticky :D Like if the leaders apply for one, it can be like a roster or something. And can be managed individually, like the cabins, except there aren't rooms/cabins to stay in of course. And its up the the heads of the Guilds to decide how active they want their members to be :D

There can be affiliates and agreements between guilds etc. But they should have a max member count, unless they're like a for-fun-only guild. We can't have fighting guilds bigger than cabins.

AND TASK GROUPS OMG >:3 Like special groups formed by Chiron or something. And they go on missions. Like recruitment missions, or monster hunting missions. Not quests, missions. :D Different groups obviously have different strengths and hence will target different types of activities. Some can stay secret like y'know things they don't want all the demigods to know in case there are spies.

Secret guilds/task groups should be hidden from the general public :3 And can only be joined if someone from the inside recruits you. Like IC of course.

And Guild heads can give their members missions :D

To the hell with canons, we dont need them to do our stuff anymore.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue35/35How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:28 pm

ahhhh this is getting far too difficult to keep a hold of. They'll be pretty expensive to keep the amount of guilds limited, and there won't be any one guild similar to another. so like, no other thieves guilds of the Band of Thieves go through. And they won't be getting fancy individual places to rp hidden from other members of the site. They'll just have private rps meeting wherever they want to. Like maybe in the forest or in the dining pavilion after dark, or maybe off campus. But it'll all be IC rp, and they're just to stir up plot. Everyone will be able to see them--why would you want to join something when you don't know what it entails? But they'll have to rp a certain event happening to get into the guild, and obviously it would make sense for the guild to fit the character. Like I wouldn't throw some lawful good police wanna-be into the band of thieves.

These aren't meant to be invite-only type clubs. They're for anyone who can accomplish the given task, which guild members will need to come up with. The more i think about it, the more it seems like a better idea for a moderator to run each guild so that things don't get unfair or out of hand orz. As far as rivalries and such go, yeah, that's part of the drama stirred up for them. But as far as guild heads giving missions--they wouldn't be paid missions. They'd just be rps, like all of it.

If it does, however, become available for members to run guilds, it would be expensive, like i mentioned. Although, if you're a proper leader, you're probably already immersed in the site anyway, so price shouldn't be a problem. Getting in is free, just rp what you need to rp. Making one is where it'll cost you, and I won't budge on making it cheap. If anyone could just buy a guild then we'd have far too much going around, too many rivalries, too many dramas and missions etc. etc. The guild heads aren't really meant to be poweful people--just normal rpers. Their characters are the ones with some power, but even then, not enough to say no to anyone who wants to join, or give out drachmas or whatever. They can collab for little member events if they'd like, but small enough that an admin doesn't need to constantly look after it, and something that would be free. uwu

yeah i'm kinda thinking maybe mods should be guild heads and there should only be like five of them orz

in regards to task forces, that's sort of what the boss fight thing is. A few people will be thrown into a party together and have to do something or other and fight a boss monster. If they die, whoops. If they kill the monster, they'll get some sort of random mystery ic treasure. So it's sort of like quests, except quests won't have a drachma prize, and you won't die from them, unless you want to.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

How would a character's death in a boss fight be determined by?

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue35/35How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:38 pm

This is a very basic outline, but each would character would have *this* many hit points. The character would have *this* many. Each person in the group will get one attack action per post, and if it hits (each person will have, say, *this* many dodges per battle that they can use whenever) dice will be rolled to determin attack damage. You hit 0 health points, you die.

If you go into the drachmas shop you'll see a list of specific items for events based on this system. They help out with boss fights and demigod battles, but are one time use type things with no purpose outside of aforementioned events. Anyway, if the boss' hitpoints reach 0, you kill it and get an ic prize.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by panoramic Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm

oh man can we have this? it'll be like reliving the days of gaia online /nostalgic tear streams down a cheek
panoramic
panoramic

Character Sheet
HP:

http://fallopian-testtubebaby.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:59 am

I like this idea js
Though I'm reading on fone so I probably missed it, but do people need to pay to be in a guild?
Faith Lehane
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Left_bar_bleue21/24How do you guys feel about joinable guilds? Empty_bar_bleue  (21/24)

http://cityofangels.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 am

Not to be in them, but yes to create one.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:35 am

Can multiple campers create them? Like to co-own a guild

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 am

...Possibly.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum