Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weapons and more

4 posters

Go down

weapons and more Empty weapons and more

Post by Summer Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

I was thinking we could have this amoury? that actually sells things. maybe special weapons or so, like at a cheaper price than buying a Special weaponry in the official drachma shop because its specifically defined, and they have to be bought IC :D

Okay let me explain this a bit:
for example if someone were to buy a Special weaponry from the drach shop it would probably cost them 2000 drach and they would get to custom make/design their own weapon

the Amoury on the other hand could sell weapons on the shelf? they are set specifically, usage described in detail. The colours can be of the buyer's choice however they want it to look like, but the usage or powers it has cannot be changed. Maybe there could be an item code for it or something to prove they bought it. Simple or complex codes ranging from 0015 to AMOURYWEAPONSWORDPURESILVER56EDGEDWITHDIAMONDCODE001.
For example, a deadly sharp celestial bronze dagger that is camouflaged strongly by the mist even to demigods and even when in use (provided the other camper does not know its exact look) - as a pair of scissors/ruler. it would have eight in stock and would cost 400 drachmas each. Or a shield with a magically polished surface that would wickedly reflect light into an opponent's eyes during the day. Perhaps costing 300 drachmas. Or a bow set with celestial bronze arrows that would always return magically to its quiver within a few minutes, most likely costing 1500 drachmas, and rare in-stock with two in stock.

Basically things/weapons which are endowed with magical properties that is not supposed to be meddled with by a normal camper (mist) and does not have to be sustained by the wielder - like a daughter of Khione with a freezing cold sword, instead of a daughter of Khione having to use her power all the time in battle in order to keep a sword freezing.
They are like weapons/armour that is worthy of a gods/goddesses' gift to a demigod, get it? c:

There could be different threads for differently categorised items? Like one for swords, one for shields, one for bows/arrows, one for transforming weapons, one for special things like greek fire blowguns and one for miscellaneous like rings with a limited power of healing etc.

Because the usual weapons that a camper is supposed to have are just celestial bronze swords/daggers of varying lengths._.
And they are cheaper because they are definitely going to be within acceptable range of power. Since the Armoury is manned by admins it certainly won't have quartz stones that heal with a touch being used indefinitely or a sword that shoots poisonous lava over a range of seven hundred feet.

Is it possible to have a drachma system IC? Then charries can earn drachmas :D By doing odd jobs around camp or something. I mean, does the fullboards system allow it? If not then pfft

The point of this is because many people are creating weapons ridiculously described. Like a sword that can be split into two knives which can be further split into two daggers and further split into two penknives and all laced with deadly poison <- i mean what the hell afds;faofad;hfkdjsflj Or a flaming whip kept on a camper's belt. <- what, does it burn up his pants or something? how does the whip keep from burning? what gives it the power to continue emitting flames etc? The is the result of people making things up because they want a unique weapon for their character but can't think up any special/new/appealing ones to they resort to a bizarre range of weapons spawned from over-imagination.

If its too much of a bother thinking up new weapons to keep the shop updated I could help with the thinking up process c:

Btw the html thing isn't working properly D: I cant seem to set the width to a div.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
weapons and more Left_bar_bleue35/35weapons and more Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)

Back to top Go down

weapons and more Empty Re: weapons and more

Post by Vinius Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 am

oh? i'll away crispy's food supplies until she fixes it!

and i do like the idea of an IC armory, however, the prices would be higher than that and i don't believe the boards allow for an IC drachma count. It could be played out like your character has as many drachmas as you do ooc though, and then we take them away when they buy stuff ic maybe uwu i'll talk this over with crispy and see if it would make more sense to do this, or if it even can be done. \owo/

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
weapons and more Left_bar_bleue69/69weapons and more Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

https://camphalfblood.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I am not afraid to resort to cannibalism. foodplz

have you enabled html in your personal preferences? because it's enabled for the site. uvu

I like the idea of the armoury too. with it, we could probably incorporate in character inventories which would be composed of event items and such as well. although, it might be a little hard to keep track of, although I've seen it on other sites and it usually works out when the members are responsible enough to take care of it themselves.

HAHAHA YOU UNDERESTIMATE ME, SNIGGLE. I just created an IC Drachmas field, you can see it under my regular information beside this post. it has to be manually enabled in the Character Sheet section of the user profile panel but it's pretty swaggin' I think? it does sort of make it confusing between user drachmas and character drachmas though, so maybe we should adopt a personalized currency for our ooc business. a few possibilities could be snigold, finchfranks, and deerpoop. What a Face

of course this could just be a test run because it might end up blurring the line between ooc and ic items?

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:
weapons and more Left_bar_bleue42/42weapons and more Empty_bar_bleue  (42/42)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Yay I just activated mine :D
Wait does this mean that we can edit our drachmas to whatever we want it to be? That's what it looks like lol
Sapphire
Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
weapons and more Left_bar_bleue21/24weapons and more Empty_bar_bleue  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:17 pm

eh, i don't like the idea of them being able to fiill in 10,000 drachmas and then buying whatevher at want ahhhh :C

ic drachmas seems like it would be a huge pain in the ass to take care of--i still think we should only have one currency, and then use it for ic and ooc purchases.

Last edited by Finch on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh mai gawd I love you Crispy with that charrie drachmas we can do anything 8D

But Deerpoop WHAT. I opt for Dragondung :D Or Albertos. :3 Or Chocolate. Or Gold. You have 10038 pieces of gold. Omo that sounds nice >:3

We could have like competitions between characters with drachma awards. Could everything OC like powers, charrie slots, gifts from godly parents, visits from godly parents etc be for our OC drach and the IC drach for all the in character related stuff like buying pets, weapons, iris messaging ( is there any way to create a button to iris message? like you know the dice battling system or something to automatically deduct drachmas) etc.

Though I'm thinking that a character spending a thousand plus drachmas on special weapons would be quite odd. Not very realistic. I mean, there are only so many coins a pocket can hold, however deep it is. c: Maybe the IC drachmas can be worth more than the OC drachmas we have on hand. Like a 3:1 ratio? So one IC drachmas will cost three OC drachmas.

Idk if you guys would allow currency exchange? xD

The only catch is that it'll be quite troublesome for admins to keep transferring drachmas. But I suppose having special staff to deal with that would solve that problem. :D

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm

no, you shouldn't be able to edit your own drachmas. can you? o.o

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 pm

how did you activate it Twin

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I AM NOT TWIN BUT:
Profile > Character Sheet

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm

ehhh i still think most things should not be so easy and should be worked for :C

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I think we should be allowed to transfer drachmas OUT of our account, but not in. :D

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 pm

whatcha mean summer

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Like we should be allowed to transfer our drachmas to others/convert to IC drach or something.

Btw we could also have this addition to the charrie sheet like in org where we can manually list our characters. This reduces the confusion of finding a person's charrie sheet by tenfold, seriously. c:

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:54 pm

I don't really think converting IC/OOC drachmas should be a thing because that just makes it easier, methinks.
you can't have the power to give your drachmas away without also having the power to give yourself drachmas, sadly.

I added a characters field for the Character Sheet but I don't like the way it looks, to be honest. aLTHOUGH I GUESS FUNCTIONALITY OVER AESTHETICS. oTL

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 am

yes functionality over aesthetics but i still don't think they should be transferred. it's already really easy to get drachmas we don't wanna make it too easy or it defeats the purpose of all the limitations orz

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 am

aight, after some discussion between sni and I, ic drachmas have been taken out. having both ic drachmas and ooc drachmas is just a little bit too confusing and not really necessary haha.

I still enjoy this armoury idea though. :'D

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:13 am

Whelp I was thinking it could be an extension of the drachma shop. A branch/chain HAHA c: But yes I agree having charrie drachmas would indeed be quite messy.

Ew no not that character thing its ghastly totally extra here and ruins the page and its white.

Idk I was thinking of one that you could view only when you click on a profile. Like this y'know? c:

http://www.camphalfblood.org/u5145rpg

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 am

that's the one i thought we were discussing i didn't even know there was a character sheet that goes under the name holy butts

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 am

The one that goes under the name is pretty cool, but it looks like a textarea D: When I click on it the cursor thingy appears ><

I think it'd look better if it was a fixed square without the rounded edges. And if it was black and half transparent. To match the background of the page and not stand out so much. And we can use our charrie's original colour to show the names.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:40 am

OH ALRIGHT GOTCHA. I made the character sheet like that. sorry about that snort.uvu

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Though a link to it titled Character Sheet at the side would be cool too c:

But if its too troublesome then pfft

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum