Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOST LENORE

2 posters

Go down

THE LOST LENORE Empty THE LOST LENORE

Post by Slender Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 pm

THE LOST LENORE 34hjbpw
The lost Lenore

Name: Lenore Helen Vandalia. Both Lenore and Helen are the names of beautiful women, one being from several poems and one from Classical Greek mythology.

Nicknames: Her nicknames are as follows:

•The lost Lenore: A common nickname from her Father, and her Step-mother. She is very shy around people when called this, not thinking much of it though, but it gives her a small sense of honor to have such a name.

•Angel: Several boys wanting to take a pass at her call her this, though she ignored it, or makes up an excuse to avoid them.

•Demon girl: People, who have discovered her secret or that generally hate her or her family call her this, mocking her, making her cry and hide. Other versions may be 'devil spawn' and 'hellgirl'

Age: She is fourteen years old, born on April 18, 1999. She was born at 10:24:34 am with some complications in the removal from Aphrodite's womb.

Gender: She is a hermaphrodite, although she is a girl, she has the reproductive organs of both a male and a female. (Finch approved that my character could be a hermaphrodite)

Weapon: She has two weapons, a primary and a secondary.

•Primary: Lenore's primary weapon is an elegantly crafted rapier. Made out if celestial bronze, it's hilt is covered in silver designs, and the blade is darkened, though it shines brightly. She found the weapon in the Poe house, in Richmond, Virginia. She is a trained fencer and knows how to use the blade with such skill.

•Secondary: Her secondary weapon is a tomahawk, which she made from spare axe blades she found at camp. It's handle is maple wood, carved and sanded with care by her own hands.

Godly Parent: Her mother is the goddess Aphrodite, the goddess of love and romance and Desire. She was born from a piece of Uranus that fell into the sea foam, where she was created. A being so beautiful she was married off to Hephaestus by Zeus, though she flirts with Ares and continues to have lots of children.

Claimed: Yes, she has been claimed.

Powers: No powers. If I want any for her I will PM an admin.

Hometown: Her hometown is Richmond, Virginia, where she lived for ten years of her life. Richmond is the capital city of Virginia, and rests on the banks of the James River. It has been many things over the years, from an important Powhatan village, to the capital of the confederacy, to the forerunner of an industrial revolution. It's a stand alone city, not associated to any county, and has many historical qualities. (I could write so much more on this place, I've lived around there for ten years)

Mortal Parent(s): Lenore has her father, as well as a step-mother. Both will be gone over in turn.

Richard Allan Vandalia: Richard was born in Alexandria, Virginia in early 1971, to a wealthy family that was descended from Edgar Allan Poe, hence the family name. He moved when he was three, to the greater Richmond area. His home overlooked the James river, and was considered a mansion by many people. He attended school at St. Christopher's, a private, all boys school in the area. He was a very athletic child, competing in many sports, such as football, soccer, tennis, and baseball throughout his years at that school.

Going into high school, he directed his life for track and field, mostly cross-country. He wanted to become an Olympian athlete, and trained constantly. While in high school he made several good, long lasting friendships with some younger boys, including Stephen Rose. However, in his senior year his father passed away, and he was in charge of the large family fortune.

Now in charge of the family fortune he started spending it all on alcohol, girls, late nights and everything else. This is how he met Aphrodite, and they dated on and off for years until they finally had Lenore, named after his favorite poem.

Angelica Zerato Vandalia Angelica was born to a family of three in the Richmond area, having a great childhood at the oldest of three siblings. She was well educated, and though her family was on the poor side she did anything she could to make ends meet, and even sacrificed her education.

Eventually, she made it to a community college, and managed to stay in school until her mother passed away. She helped raise her siblings until they were able to college, then married her ex-boyfriend who had just had a child, Richard. Even though Lenore is not her child she cares for her more than Richard does.

Physical Description: Lenore, the beautiful Lenore...The rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore....

Lenore is a very pretty, attractive young lady. She is only four foot seven, and weighs around ninety-six pounds, on her small, frail frame. Her hair, is a gray color, a light gray although she usually dyes it a blue color, as seen in the first picture. She has an hourglass frame, and her breasts haven't began to develop yet, so she is rather skinny and petite. Her eyes are a deep blue color, like deep ocean water.

Her skin is pale, unusually so, however it isn't too bad, it could get tanned if she stayed in the sun longer than she does currently.

Personality: Lenore, although she is very pretty she is also extremely shy and self conscious. She tends to stay alone and read gothic horror, though she is afraid of typically everything. She rarely finds any other emotion besides depression, and that she copes with by writing her own poetry. She will become hostile though if insulted, so her siblings for typically bully her. She's too kind though to nature, and would care for a monster if it was wounded. She is easily taken advantage of, so she does most of the chores in her cabin.

Talents: She is a gifted writer of poetry and short stories, able to write one on command. She's also a great fencer and medic. She's learned to clean very well as she is the least liked in the Aphrodite cabin, that way most of the chores pile upon her back.

Weaknesses: She is bad at social interactions and standing up for herself. Although she is a great fencer, she lacks the self confidence to protect herself from rude remarks and bullies. Her gender also makes up a weakness, as it is her weakest and most vulnerable point...physically and mentally.

Fears: Death. Her largest fear is the fear of dying, which prevents her from taking large risks where most likely she could die.

Time at Camp: One week.

Brief History of Before Camp: Lenore was born at St. Mary's hospital in Richmond Virginia to Aphrodite and Richard. Richard wasn't a good parent for the first few years, as he had been living a bachelor life and frequently left her with Angelica, his girlfriend after Aphrodite left him. Angelic stool good care of Lenore, making she she had everything she needed. The fact that she was a hermaphrodite made no difference to Angelica, and she loved her like her own daughter. The small family lived in short pump, just north of Richmond in an apartment. It was a good few years, until Angelica had to move back with her parents to Norfolk, though Richard had other ideas. Not wanting to be left alone with his daughter which he had barely socialized with, he married Angelica and the somewhat happy couple brought Lenore with them on the honeymoon to Urbanna.

They went back to Richmond, and by then Lenore was five, and eligible in school. Angelica enlisted her into her old school, St. Catherine's which was also where she met Richard. She was bullied all throughout school, even in kindergarten. Anything unique about Lenore was used as a weapon against her, some of the teachers even bullied her! She had no friends and would often go home in tears, to which Angelica spent long hours comforting her, even introducing her to poetry. Lenore became very attached to her step mother, and never left her side when she was at home.

The at age 13 an older satyr came and told the parents that there child was a demigod and explained everything, urging them to let her go to camp, but Angelica told the satyr she would send her at 14. Now 14, Lenore left for camp. Even though she's away she's still mother-dependent and writes to her often.

Pets: Lenore has a pet black cat named Edgar. It's a domestic cat, and only a few years old (she got it at 12). She is very protective of her cat, as her cat is to her. Eventually she wants a raven.

Role-play Example: I sat alone crying behind the Aphrodite cabin. It was well after midnight and it had been an extremely harsh day for me...the bullying the chores...the lack of care every night. She sighed and rubbed her arm, her clothes old and torn. Although her clothing was a mess, she still looked angelic, and would be considered beautiful if her siblings let her out more often. She sighed and opened her treasured volume of Poe, and began to read.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door;
Only this, and nothing more."
Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow, sorrow for the lost Lenore,.
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore,
Nameless here forevermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me---filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
" 'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door,
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door.
This it is, and nothing more."
Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is, I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you." Here I opened wide the door;---
Darkness there, and nothing more.
Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word,
Lenore?, This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word,
"Lenore!" Merely this, and nothing more.
Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping, something louder than before,
"Surely," said I, "surely, that is something at my window lattice.
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore.
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore.
" 'Tis the wind, and nothing more."
Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven, of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door.
Perched upon a bust of Pallas, just above my chamber door,
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.
Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly, grim, and ancient raven, wandering from the nightly shore.
Tell me what the lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore."
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."
Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning, little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door,
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as "Nevermore."
But the raven, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered;
Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before;
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."
Then the bird said, "Nevermore."
Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
"Doubtless," said I, "what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master, whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster, till his songs one burden bore,---
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never---nevermore."
But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

Thus I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl, whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o'er
She shall press, ah, nevermore!
Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by seraphim whose footfalls tinkled on the tufted floor.
"Wretch," I cried, "thy God hath lent thee -- by these angels he hath
Sent thee respite---respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, O quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!"
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore!"
"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!--prophet still, if bird or devil!
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate, yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted--
On this home by horror haunted--tell me truly, I implore:
Is there--is there balm in Gilead?--tell me--tell me I implore!"
"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil--prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that heaven that bends above us--by that God we both adore--
Tell this soul with sorrow laden, if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden, whom the angels name Lenore---
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels name Lenore?
"Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting--
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! -- quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming.
And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted---nevermore!
Slender
Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
THE LOST LENORE Left_bar_bleue24/26THE LOST LENORE Empty_bar_bleue  (24/26)

http://www.creaturesnight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THE LOST LENORE Empty Re: THE LOST LENORE

Post by Sapphire Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 am

APPROVED. What a Face
Sapphire
Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
THE LOST LENORE Left_bar_bleue21/24THE LOST LENORE Empty_bar_bleue  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum