Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP]

2 posters

Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Master FAQ [HUGE WIP]

Post by Vinius Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 pm

SITE FAQ

What does FAQ mean?
FAQ is the acronym for Frequently Asked Questions. In this topic, we will attempt to answer any questions you could possibly have and it's a good place to check out first if you have anything you want to know that hasn't been covered by other information topics.

I have a question which hasn't been answered.
If you have any questions that you'd like added to the FAQ, post them here! We'll reply and throw it into the guide. c:

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Left_bar_bleue69/69Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

https://camphalfblood.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Technical Questions

Post by Vinius Thu May 23, 2013 9:16 pm

TECHNICAL

What does PJATO stand for?
Percy Jackson and the Olympians - the book universe which this site is based off of. Although it's not absolutely necessary to read the series before roleplaying here, it's certainly recommended if you want to understand what's going on.

What does RP stand for?
Roleplay. What is roleplaying? To roleplay, in our case, is to write in the perspective of a character other than the yourself. A more detailed explanation of what roleplaying is can be found >>>here<<<.

What is a PB/FC?
PB is an acronym for Play By and FC is an acronym for Face Claim. Both mean the same thing, the person (actor, singer, model, etc.) who is represents a specific character. The list of claimed Face Claims can be found >>>here<<<

How do I make my own drachma shop?
You can your own drachma shop in the appropriately named Drachma Shop forum >>>here<<<.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Left_bar_bleue69/69Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Plot Questions

Post by Vinius Thu May 23, 2013 9:23 pm

PLOT

What is this site about?
This site is a role play, or rp forum dedicated to Rick Riordan's fantastic book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians!

Is there a plot?
Yes, and no. Yes, there are plots that occur on the site. But no, they're not the PJatO plots. The current setting is that it has been ten years since Percy went and did his heroic stuff--and it all went accordingly and everyone lived, huzzah. Camp Half Blood survived, so kids returned to their every day activities of monster fighting, capture the flag, video games and trying to tip over Chiron. The demigods of the main series have all grown up and left, so Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and the others are just legends now that the new kids don't really know much about, or care to know about.

The plots that this site sees are made up by the admins, some referencing old problems, though usually they stand on their own. And when there is a site-wide plot (there are usually a few of these a year) it's a huge event that will be made very known.

So you're not Fighting Kronos or the Titans?
No, Percy and the others dealt with them. This is a new generation, and they have their own problems to deal with.

Does that mean the Gods don't exist?
The gods have been alive for thousands of years! They're still alive after Percy moved on with his life, and they still give out missions and such to their demigod children at camp.

What about Kronos?
He's in tartarus, where Percy kicked him. For now. ;D

And the Titans?
Percy, Jason and the others took care of them!

Can I roleplay as a Titan?
I'm afraid not. Any canon characters that still exist, i.e. the titans and gods and Chiron, will be played by the moderators and admins only when they're needed for quest and plot purposes.

Can I roleplay as a grown up Percy?
Nope. We don't allow members to rp canon characters, and we don't allow members to rp anyone over 18. Percy is out living his life doing whatever he wants with Annabeth; let the guy be! :P

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Character Questions

Post by Vinius Thu May 23, 2013 9:24 pm

CHARACTERS

So where do I go to make a character?
>>>here<<< you can make a new topic for your original character, or OC. Just create a new topic for them, and be sure to make the title WIP if it is an unfinished form and you need to leave and go back to it later! Don't want to confuse our character approvers.

Everyone has a similar character form. Where can I find it?
>>>here<<< if you go into the unapproved character section, it's stickied for your reference.

I need help making my character.
First of all, you should check out the more detailed guide for character forms (made by Sapphire) >>>here<<<. If you still need help after that, feel free to ask any staff member or other members for help.

Can I only make a demigod?
Certainly not! You are also able to make a satyr.

Can I make a legacy? Like, a grandchild of two demigods?
At this point in time, we aren't allowing that. It'll mess with the current power limitations.

What powers can my character have?
Any power that isn't overly powerful and has something to do with your demigod's godly parent. For instance, if you have a son of Apollo, he probably wouldn't be able to raise the dead, as Apollo has nothing to do with raising the dead. Instead, he's more likely to have a power based on light, healing, or music. And, of course, each power has limitations. We can't all have percy jacksons!

How does my character get a power?
You have to purchase each power in the official drachma shop. You come up with an idea for a power, and then the admins will either approve it or help you nerf it down some if they deem it to be too strong or completely irrelevant. If you'd like, you can give a power to an already approved character, and role play out the discovery of their power! Or you can just go as if they've always had the power, once you buy it.

Are the a limit to powers?
Yes, 3 powers per character. Each power must be purchased! However, you can instead purchase a character element, and come up with 3 related powers to buy all at once. For instance, a daughter of Poseidon might be able to breathe underwater, talk to dolphins and swim extra quick. They're all water related so you could get all of them in one go by buying the character element.

What if I don't like my character any more? Can I just make them inactive and create another one in their place without buying an extra character slot?
Yes, you can just make your character inactive. However, you cannot role play with a character unless they are in an active character slot. If we think you are taking advantage of this and using it as a way of getting around the character cap, we will give you a warning.

Say I bought a child of a Big Three/Titan and he got killed/inactive. Do I have to buy again to make another BTC/Titan kid?
You can have only have one Big Three/Titan kid alive at a time. If you make them inactive, you are not allowed to make another one without buying another BTC/Titan slot.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Roleplay Related Questions

ROLEPLAY RELATED

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Chatbox Related Questions

CHATBOX RELATED

What is Chatbox?
Chatbox is a place where you can talk to other members by sending and receiving messages instantly. Chatbox is open to all members unless you do something to get your privileges taken away. If you're looking for a more confidential, private way of talking to someone, you should opt for private messaging.

How do I do ______ on Chatbox?
Below is a list of all chatbox commands available to members as well as what they would look like.

• /me (TEXT HERE) Allows you to write a message in third person
    /me rolls on the floor
    Guest rolls on the floor
  • /exit (TEXT HERE) Allows you to exit with a reason why you're leaving. Alternatively, you can just type /exit to leave chatbox without a reason.
    /exit dinner, talk to you guys later
    Guest has logged off the chat on Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm : dinner, talk to you guys later
  • /away (TEXT HERE) or /abs (TEXT HERE) Allows you to let the others in chatbox know that you're AFK or unable to talk along with a reason why you're away. Alternatively, you can just type /away or /abs to put yourself as away without a reason.
    /away getting food
    Guest is away : getting food

If you'd like to know more basics about chatbox, you can read more >>>here<<<.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Mechanical Questions

Post by Vinius Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 pm

THE MECHANICS

What are Drachmas?
Drachmas are the currency that our site deals with. We happen to have a detailed FAQ dealing specifically with Drachmas - it can be found >>>here<<<.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty Re: Master FAQ [HUGE WIP]

RESERVED

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

RESERVED

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

RESERVED.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:44 am

• What if I don't like my character anymore? Can I just make them inactive and create another one in their place without buying an extra character slot?
      someone asked me a while back if they can just make their characters inactive and stuff. this question popped into my head just now.

• Say I bought a child of a Big Three/Titan and he got killed/inactive. Do I have to buy again to make another BTC/Titan kid?
Sapphire
Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Left_bar_bleue21/24Master FAQ [HUGE WIP] Empty_bar_bleue  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down